Saturday, October 6, 2012

LET'S TALKING COOKING!




MSR Pocket Rocket Camping Stove

Product Specs:
* Weighs only 3 ounces!
* Glove-friendly controls allows for precise flame adjustment and stability
* micro-burner, tri-sectional clip protects flame in light wind gusts
* Boils 1 liter of water in less than 3.5 minutes.
* Uses clean burning MSR IsoPro premium fuel

I purchased this stove after doing extensive research and seeking out the advice of other experienced hikers.  At only 39.99, the price certainly fit within my budget.  While it might not cost much, the Pocket Rocket stove has delivered and then some!  I cannot say enough about how quickly it boils water, which truly means a lot after a long day on the trail when a simple cup of coffee is just what the doc ordered!  The stove stows away in it's own hard plastic carrying case and is an easy item to pack without worrying about added weight.  The fuel canisters are lightweight as well and seem to last forever. 

The first time I used my Pocket Rocket on Springer Mountain, I appeared to have issues with the fuel cans.  The stove would light but promptly go out.  This happened even after changing the fuel cans, which is why I assumed that's where the problem was.  After holding the can in my hands for a few moments, the stove lit and we never had any other issue.  We relied heavily on our Pocket Rocket during our most recent trek from Springer Mountain to Neel's Gap September 18th - 21st, 2012 and had absolutely no issues whatsoever.  It performed like a champ!  I do recommend purchasing the optional three-pronged stand for added stability especially on rocky ground like we were on.

Overall, if I had to rate this piece of equipment, I'd give it 5 out of 5 stars and would highly suggest it to anyone looking for a lightweight, yet powerful, camping stove!


No comments:

Post a Comment